Miffa is da # 1

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

NYC skyscrapers and Woody Allen


Even a little bunny like me associates Hong Kong with skyscrapers and Kung Fu movies. Being honest I must say that Father bunny does not like me to watch them, because there is a lot of violence on them, anyways this is a part of my DNA and I cannot avoid liking them.

This is how I arrived to Woody Allen, when father bunny forbidden me to watch them I asked mother bunny for advice, and she told me:

- We’ll watch Woody Allen’s movies; he is a big, big American movie director and actor that usually use New York as his set.

In this part I must say that past eastern I was not allowed to visit NYC with father and mother bunny and that during that visit they were in a club were Woody plays jazz music…

After several movies watched, almost all of them, these are some matters, questions, etc coming for this little bunny.

Over the time Woody shows a cyclic art creation tendency ranging from:

Comedy to stupid comedy, stupid comedy to pathetic comedy, pathetic comedy to light drama, light drama to medium drama, medium drama to intense drama and then again to comedy…

Some common plot, characters and elements (an jokes too)

NYC – the place

- Woody Allen uses New York City and captures its atmosphere and beauty as no one does – said mother bunny

And she may be right, sure she is but here it is my little bunny question. Is NYC so slow, so grey, so decadent? NYC in his movies is the same time after time. Comparing it with HK the lights, the cars, the action… (just another simplistic stereotype)

East Village and Upper Manhattan people

Successful but neurotic urban over-achievers whose relationships always seem to end prematurely. Wow for being a little bunny this is a very big sentence. But I have a secret that father bunny told me (bullshit bingo)
www.bullshitbingo.com

It looks like they are living in a wonderful place, are overpaid, have a lot of spare time and all these ingredients force them to search for an unreachable love. One thing that I would like to ask Father bunny is why at noon they’re sometimes at home drinking something called “Martini”



Woody’s alter ego

Sometimes, almost all of them at the beginning, and seldom in recent times Woody is the main character (Father Bunny told me that now he is so fuc*ing old that he is unable to stay so much time standing).

No matter the movie no matter the plot:

- Acts as a paranoid man that has severe problems to satisfy or getting satisfied with opposite sex.
- Some jokes or fears or any other references about Jewish
- Claustrophobia, hypochondria, and all kind of psychosomatic sh*t is suffered by buddy Woody
- Tends to hyper act, monopolize dialogues
- Psychologist and traumas appear
- Some more than I am trying to understand

And, in a nutshell

- A little bunny like me realizes that his cinema is not suitable for everyone.
- I saw him in a picture with mother bunny and he barely reached her waist
- He looks like a suddenly air blow could be able to break him in parts
- No one in USA want to produce his movies
- His latest movie may be is a sign that at 70’s he is a mature man

Woody was late so no time to say goodbye !

Labels:

Share |

2 Comments:

  • I have the feeling that as soon as mother bunny get into that comments I will be away from blogging for a while!!!

    Poor Miffa

    By Blogger Miffa, at 12/07/2005 07:49:00 pm  

  • Dear Miffa,

    as you know, Mother Bunny loves Woody Allen. We have right now a tiny piece of paper with Woody Allen´s signature in the dinning room. Mother bunny would love to go out for dinner with him. She loves watching his films and if you don´t like it , you can stay in the bedroom and don´t disturb mother bunny while watching her favorite films.

    By Blogger mother.bunny, at 2/12/2006 08:57:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home