Miffa is da # 1

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kung Hei Fat Choy - 新年快樂


Happy New Year!! - Off course I speak Cantonese, so do nt ask me for the Mandarin form because I have no idea.

I was born in the year of the Monkey, my father on the Rat’s and we celebrated the Golden Pig with a nice present that “should” bring us fortune and money.

Unfortunately for me, Miffu and now Aurore, Chinese New Year is not very popular in Spain. In a big city like Barcelona there’s not an “official” celebration and even Chinese restaurant do not change their menus on this date.

Fortunately for us, we are ex-pats from Hong Kong but we have very good friends there: The 9j Clan.

They have sent us a complete set of goodies to let us feel like at home. A Mandarin orange tree (tangerine / 柑) , (our preferred Hotel and fruit that match our caps’ colours), several decoration papers with goodwill and fortune words on it, firecrackers (some special ones) and a lot of goodies that made us very happy.

But the party have just started now…

Labels: , ,

Share |

4 Comments:

  • I'm so happy that you are enjoying the Chinese New Year goodies from us, Miffa! You can decorate your room by sticking the pieces of paper with good-will writing on them on the wall, hanging the (fake) firecrackers on a window frame, and placing the tangerine tree in the middle of your dining table. Miffa, don't forget to ask for the "lucky money" in a red envelope from your Father and Mother bunnies! I'm in charge of all the "lucky money" Anita gets!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/26/2009 09:52:00 am  

  • By the way, Miffa, in Mandarin, Kung Hei Fat Choy (恭喜發財) is "Gong Xi Fa Cai;" and Sun Nin Fai Lok (新年快樂) is "Xin Nian Kuai Le."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/26/2009 09:55:00 am  

  • Hi 9j,

    i have decorated my living room with the beautiful ornament you sent to us.

    I placed two manadarine oranges in the head of Aurore's and myself's beds and od course I have asked for my "lucky money"

    Do you think several thousands is enough or I should ask for just some hundreds.

    By Blogger Miffa, at 1/28/2009 05:49:00 pm  

  • Miffa, I think you are a bit greedy in asking so much for "lucky money." I don't know how much Anita Maria gets this year and I don't know how much she is willing to share with me. According to traditions, she said you need to wait till the 15th day of the New Year (for this year, it's Feb. 9) to open the envelopes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/29/2009 05:19:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home