Miffa is da # 1

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mythical running shoes from the past


When I was young a friend of mine and myself had a hobby: after school we went to El Corte Ingles in Bilbao, I do not remember which floor, but in the sports section they had a special places for the most advanced and expensive footwear.

Together with the item’s prize they put additional information like weight. There covered by a glass that protected them from undesirable people like us – unable to buy one pair with several years’ savings- were: The Adidas New York.

285 grams of Anthracite coloured beauty made in Western Germany.

The first model was released in 1982 or something around there and of course I never have owned one pair. May be fifteen or twenty years after that they made a re-edition.

I failed to get the real colour a few years ago. I loved them, I love them but I was not going to pay 200 dollars for a crappy pair. I missed the opportunity because I didn’t found my size.

Now, I founded on ebay for just 25 euro. A pity that the colour scheme is not the original one and that the overall feeling is that this pair has nothing related to the old New York.

Labels: ,

Share |

2 Comments:

  • Anita used to be obsessed with sneakers as well, so she knows how you feel.
    She is a bit scared of eBay now since the last time she bade for something from there it never arrived, although the merchant (from the UK) was kind enough to refund her. :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/01/2008 08:06:00 am  

  • Father bunny doesn't like ebay (and he is not registered) but a friend of him is a power buyer (or was it seller) and he helped FB with the deal.

    You are obsessed with clothes like me, 9j.

    By Blogger Miffa, at 10/01/2008 11:25:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home