Miffa is da # 1

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Legend of The Kraken: Do you enjoy mussels?


C'mon Olaf you are nicer than the other one (see below)


My friend Miffa has already introduced me in this space. We met ourselves in Port Lligat. Miffa was sailing with Mother and Father Bunny and they tried to anchor in the bay but the wind was strong and it’s not an easy place. Strong currents and winds coming from the north forced me to refuge in that small bay too.

I got stuck onto their ships rudder and while father bunny was securing the anchor Miffa discovered me well attached to the hull.

They invited me to get on board and we have some sardines, shrimps and all kind off food an octopus can dream with.

Miffa invited me to join them in their journey back home, and I accepted. Now after so many adventures and fun since her 100th post party she has convinced me to post in her blog.

And my first assignment is to write about a fantastic animal that have been in sailor’s memories for centuries: The Kraken


Kraken is the definite article form of krake, a Norwegian word designating an unhealthy animal, or something twisted.[1] In modern German, Krake (plural: Kraken) means octopus, but can also refer to the legendary Kraken (Terrell, 1999). Wikipedia




I must admit that I really feel uncomfortable with the picture Miffu has taken of me attacking that tugboat. There’s no evidence of a ship being attacked by an octopus or our cousins the squids. An as a matter fact humans eat them with great joy. Giant squids (about 20meters long) have been found and lately even pictured, but no giant octopus evidence has been recorded (see St. Augustine Monster)


A "picture" made by a frenchman

What it is really true is that down in the big blue (earth surface is only 30% of the global planet surface) very big animals and unknown creatures can be found. Surely they’re more afraid about coming to the surface that you are of them.

You, humans know little bit about our seas.

Labels: ,

Share |

4 Comments:

  • Hi, Olaf! I've heard about you ;)

    Very interesting that what you explain, and I agree absolutely on we (humans) know almost nothing about your seas.

    Know what? Last summer, we spent some days in Llançà. Once, I went fishing (or something :P) and saw some little octopus, may be they were relatives of yours...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2006 05:49:00 pm  

  • Hi Katanga,

    Miffa told me about you too. wasn't you the one who work for National Geographic?

    I don't think so, my family is from Scandinavia.

    But i hate cold water so I moved to the mediterranean

    By Blogger Olaf Frundsen, at 12/22/2006 10:29:00 am  

  • National Geographic??? Sure, fishing caracolas albinas :s Nononon, it wasn't me.

    Ok, I see. An enterprising octopus with initiative. That's good :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/22/2006 12:14:00 pm  

  • Ves????

    Estoy un par de días "out" y mi hermana Miffu y Olaf montan este "esperpento" con mi remolcador de altura.

    Lo que no se es como un cefalopodo marino se ha adaptado a la vida fuera del agua.

    Feliz navidad de parte del clan Chan y del señor Frundsen

    By Blogger Miffa, at 12/22/2006 01:56:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home