Miffa is da # 1

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Miffa’s first expedition to Sea Cucumber land failed. (part I)



Fate, destiny, weather conditions… being a Sea Cucumber Tycoon is not a matter of one day.

When Father Bunny first explained me that in a business trip to his country, a tiny state called Andorra, he knew a mysterious man who was riding a high output motorcycle across Europe seeking for financial support I was very sceptical.

I usually never invest my money in FB’s business because ROI (Return on Investment) is quite poor. Excitement, danger, adventure are nicer in the big screen and besides Swiss banks offer you more for you money – provided that you have enough of it- that any complicate seek for hidden treasures.

But anyways, now I am not a little bunny anymore and I think some of my father’s ability to enter in complicate business with big losses has affected me.



Sea cucumbers are well known an appreciated in the Pacific Southern Seas, but so are they nowadays in Europe with prices around 150-200 euro / 1 kg. There are several sea cucumber varieties, but one of the best and more appreciated is a rare, unknown one living in the southern Mediterranean sea.

Several factors, global warming, tides, have produce a sever impact in this specimen and know it’s nearly extinct.

Using advanced techniques Mr. Cyteck and Mrs. Alethia were successful to clonate Sea Cucumbers in their lab. Cheap Indonesian and Chinese sea cucumber products will have nothing to do with a modern automated factory capable to produce bigger and more tasteful specimens.




Unfortunately in our first attempt we failed to find a specimen. A modern ship, the best sailors, the finest beer, the best technology was used.

But our team, at the end for several reasons we were only five professional, performed great. It’s just a matter of class and attitude to build the best Bunny Crew ever!!!

Picture credits: Mostly Cyteck and Alethia (except the sunset)

Share |

4 Comments:

  • It seems to be like Cousteau's adventure !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/04/2007 09:47:00 pm  

  • Hi Miffa,
    Well you shouldn't be so suspicious about father bunny's enterprices. If you don't risk you don't win. A good pirate bunny like you should know. You have to travel the wide sea if you want to find its treasures. Besides not only money is important. Given the state of our planet, with global warming and species being extinguished daily, it's important that someone takes some action.
    And here is your dad's wonderful idea of joining both enterprise and saving a valueble, and adorable little creature like the sea cucumber, thanks to clonation.
    Just wait and see. It's been the first expedition but I'm sure we'll have more luck on the next one.
    We had a small misscalculation, didn't get to the right location, besides the water's temperature and many other factors. But we know the sea cucumber is there, so sooner or later we shal succeed!
    Not everything was wasted. We got a lot of good valueble data and much more experience about the area. Of course, next time you should participate more instead of hiding down in the basement. You know we always listen to your wise counsel.
    Fairwell dear Miffa!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/05/2007 10:32:00 am  

  • Hi Alethia,

    Like Father bunny I am from a tiny city too, Hong Kong, and there if you doubt you’re done. Chinese bunnies say “do not put all you golden pigs under the same ceiling”. I must reckon than I am little bit sceptical when something is going to cost me money.

    I admit that the idea of clonating the best sea cucumber specimen known as “Espardenya” is outstanding but I have already built the factory and my expenses are high. Still I consider the creature far from adorable and closer to especially disgusting.

    Sooner or later we shall succeed, that’s true and now I am really sure that I have the best bunny crew ever. Still not totally “superbunny” (and this apply only to not a really deep immersion in the bunny culture).

    Cyteck braveness and great knowledge of Costa Brava and its sea monsters, your meticulous working methodology, Father Bunny’s craziness and Mother Bunny great control of manoeuvres are the key to success. I have no doubt.

    Father Bunny overprotects me, as you could see, but down in the basement I took care of complicate calculations that you can find in my new post.

    By Blogger Miffa, at 3/05/2007 11:38:00 am  

  • Hey Musik,

    Cytecks defied elements like never, ever, Cousteau did.

    Regards

    By Blogger Miffa, at 3/05/2007 11:40:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home