Miffa is da # 1

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

SHODÔ


My father insists on the fact that I should go on studying Japanese as well as learning properly to write Japanese. He decided to send me to an extra lesson in order to practice “ Shodô “

The teacher made me sit down for a couple of hours and she explained me, how to grap properly the brush. She said to me that I should keep two fingers on the front part of the brush and two on the back side. It´s not easy, though it doesn’t look so difficult. Then, she told me not to move my wrist. My wrist and my arm should behave as one single piece.

That was the first step and it was not easy at all. Then , she gave me a few brushes. One made of horse’s hair, a huge one. I told her that it was too heavy for me . I am a little bunny ! Then, she gave me a brush made of sheep´s hair, much easier to use. And finally, she gave me a brush made of “hare’s “ hair . What ? I said . A “ bunny hair ´s brush “ My god ! You mean that someone at the class could be trying to pull my hair out of my ears or my back in order to build a brush. That really scared me . The teacher explained to me that the “ bunny/hare brush “ is used for small traces.

Once we had clarify the situation with the brushes, the finger positioning as well as the hand, wrist and arm, she showed me 3 different styles : Kaisho, Gyosho and Sosho

Oh, oh, this is getting difficult !!

Well, I´ll try to study hard, as I want Father Bunny to take me back to Japan !!

Thanks for reading my “ hard time “ studying

Domo – Arigato – Gozaimasu !!

Labels: , ,

Share |

3 Comments:

  • It's nice to see you working so hard, Miffa! I think you might want to dress for the occasion when you practice Shodo, wear your kimono!
    Next time I cut my hair I'll save some for you to make a brush.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/20/2009 07:36:00 am  

  • bunny hair's brush? no!
    my bunnies said they would rather learn typing on the computer instead =p

    By Anonymous miffyto, at 5/23/2009 06:19:00 pm  

  • Well, that's a good idea.
    But no as artistical.

    By Blogger Miffa, at 5/24/2009 10:19:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home